Whenever my boys don’t feel well, they always want soup. I mean, who doesn’t want soup when they are feeling under the weather? Soup really does just make you feel better!
One night, they asked for “noodle soup” so I threw together a tasty soup from whatever I could find in the fridge. This soup couldn’t be more simple – absolutely nothing fancy, but the boys loved it. I make this for them all the time now, even when they aren’t feeling sick.
- 1/4 cup diced onion or shallots
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced small
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cup fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini
- 3/4 cup diced chicken, cooked (I used a leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1-2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- Melt butter in large sauce pan, add onions and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water, bring to a boil.
- Once the broth is boiling, add diced chicken and pasta, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
- Cook until pasta is al dente. Stir in fresh chopped parsley.