Nonfat Greek yogurt never tasted so good!! My kids and my husband all loved these pancakes. If you’re not a fan of yogurt, don’t worry, you would really never even know there is yogurt in them. I found the recipe at www.everydaybelle.com and I added my own special touches to it. If you love pancakes, but are looking for a healthier version, definitely give these a try!! I doubled this recipe and got 8 large pancakes. It would probably make 12-15 small pancakes.
- 6 oz. Greek Yogurt (I used plain nonfat, but you could experiment with flavors too)
- 1 egg
- scant 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- juice of half of a lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Stir greek yogurt until it is smooth and creamy. Add 1 egg and stir until combined. Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to bowl with flour mixture and stir to combine. The batter will be very thick.
- Spray griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and spoon mixture onto hot griddle/skillet to your desired size. Sprinkle each pancakes with a few blueberries.
- When the pancakes start to bubble on one side, they are ready to flip.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown. Serve with maple syrup, honey, peanut butter or whichever topping you like! Enjoy!